Saturday, January 2, 2016

Weekend Five

//1//
Star Wars
My family and a few friends hunkered down for all 6 Star Wars movies in a row. It took 15 hours and I may or may not have fallen asleep a few times...but it was totally worth it. The story made a lot more sense and when we watched "The Force Awakens" the next day, I was able to pick up on a lot of subtle details that define it as a Star Wars movie (i.e. Powerpoint transitions, "I've got a bad feeling about this", some sort of cantina scene, etc). My ranking of the 7 movies from best to worst are "A New Hope" and "The Empire Strikes Back", "The Force Awakens", "Revenge of the Sith", "Return of the Jedi","The Phantom Menace" and "Attack of the Clones".
(Photo via Print All Over Me)

//2//
New Camera

The Oh Joy Instagram account announced that it was giving away 5 Olympus cameras for free. I entered on a whim, not expecting to win--Anastasia and I needed a camera to take blog pictures with but the odds for these things are pretty slim. Much to my surprise, I won! It just goes to show you that you can't win the lottery if you don't enter (something my dad has been telling me in regards to college applications and admissions for a while).

//3//
Dusen Dusen
This fashion label has caught my eye. Their busy and geometric prints are unique and 100% my vibe. The prices are not. Nevertheless, I think one of their duvets or sheet sets would look amazing in a college dorm. *wink wink*

//4//
The Schuyler Sisters
WORK
picture via
I told myself I wouldn't jump on the Hamilton bandwagon, but I listened to this song out of curiosity and I died. IT'S SO GOOD. Honestly it's like the only song I like in the musical (don't kill me, Hamilton fans), but the women who play the sisters have fantastic voices and totally independent attitudes. I literally will listen to this song on repeat for hours and I'm not even ashamed to say it. 

//5//
2016
picture via
Thanksgiving through New Year's Day is a time of reflection: being thankful for what you have, taking time to make someone's day, and generally focusing on being your best self. Usually it means taking some time to review the year...where you were this time last year, the major and minor things that happened, the good and the bad.
This time last year, I was still dating someone, in a lot of weird and kind of toxic friendships, and feeling extremely left out as all the pictures of my Marching Band friends in London trickled onto Facebook. Not to mention, junior year was somewhat hellish for me...I was having mini panic attacks about schoolwork and my general loneliness and not realizing what was wrong. 
By the spring, things were better. Most of my toxic friends had sort of faded away and the panic was slowing down, as were all of my AP classes. I didn't have a boyfriend anymore and the seniors were leaving--strangely a relief for me. The summer was good. I spent time with friends and family. I turned 17. I went to my last band camp. 
The autumn was full of bittersweet lasts. I've gone on plenty of adventures with my friends and school has been much better, but the stress of college applications has brought on a new bought of anxiety, but I now have a solid support system to help me deal.. Everything is coming together, making me optimistic for this new year. This new year in which Anastasia and I will graduate from high school and start attending college. We're moving out this year!! 
It's certainly going to be a year of change but I'm excited for it. What are you looking forward to in 2016?

xoxo
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. All the best in 2016! I have no idea what I'm looking forward to this year really, I have a vacation coming up in February but that's pretty much it.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete

You have feedback? We want to hear it!