Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Summer Recap

via
Saying one last farewell before school tomorrow morning

I tried Yoga
I left the country
I paid my respects to some of the greatest and most influential ball players of all time
I saw what my dad referred to as "God's country": a side of New York that I had never seen before
I saw one of the most amazing natural wonders of the world: Niagara Falls
I got my learner's permit
I went to a ball game 
I saw Jersey Boys, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Giver, The Lego Movie, multiple James Bond films, Best in Show, A Touch of Evil, the Alien franchise, the Ocean's Eleven franchise, finished season 6 of Murdoch Mysteries, started season 1 of 24, etc...
I changed the name of this blog (for the last time)
I started reading again AND started a book club
I re-arranged my room (again)
I saw Yellowstone
I saw the Grand Tetons
I went on a plane
I fed a llama/elk/various other herding animals 
I let 4 parakeets walk around on my arm at a time
I saw Luray Caverns...another natural wonder
I saw Penn's Cave
I learned to drive
I watched old faithful erupt 3 times
I saw my first concert...Beck in concert
I visited Charlotte, NC
I tried REAL sushi
I fulfilled some of my style wishlist items
I watched my dogs turn 4
I lead the low brass section
I went and taught and loved every minute of Band Camp
I visited Wyoming and Montana
I entered my first relationship
I experienced 32 degrees and snow in July 
I felt confident in a swimsuit
I got back in touch with people who I thought were out of my life forever
I got to see my friend from India
I turned 16
I celebrated with my closest friends
I made new friends and grew closer to existing ones
I laughed so hard that my sides hurt 
I taught at Bible Camp
I exemplified the term "Couch Potato"
I saw 9 bears, 4 moose, 2 otters, 2 wolves, countless elk, and countless bison in their natural habitats
I rode a horse up a mountain
I went whitewater rafting 
I started my junior year of high school
and I had one of the best summers thus far

Farewell Summer, until next year...
xoxo
HBM

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have feedback? We want to hear it!