Monday, May 11, 2015

Fox Shirts & Grid Skirts

Well this is awkward...
I'm pretty sure I said we would be getting ourselves together soon (blog-wise), and yet we managed to fall wayyyy behind again
I'm blaming AP's and leader tryouts, but there's still no excuse. Anyways, Anastasia and I will both have much more time now since our classes are winding down for the year. Step one is to get posts under control and Step two is to confront the hundred+ deep unread bloglovin feed.






Because when is there an inappropriate time to high school musical jump?


showcasing the new hair that I unsuccessfully tried to crimp via braids
It's been a while since I did an outfit post, but it's also been a while since I've really known what I like in terms of style. For the longest time, I forced myself to be preppy and I'm finally breaking out of that. Instead, I go for vintage buttons and fox shirts with grid skirts. Because why not, amirite?
Speaking of grid skirts, I made this.
No seriously.
I sewed the skirt and then had to deconstruct and re-sew it with the lining in. Painful, time consuming, and a means of procrastination, but I like to think it paid off. I'm thinking about posting a tutorial (mainly because it would mean that I got to make myself another skirt), but I'm self-taught and I mostly get my tutorials from other blogs or vlogs. However, if you like to sew or are interested in learniong some sewing basics, let me know and I'll make it happen!!
P.S did anyone catch the new header? It took us quite a while to find the right font and figure out how to get it to be clear and to scale without using photoshop (neither of us have it), but I'm loving the way it looks and I hope you do too.
xoxo
Hannah

6 comments:

  1. Love this!! I love to sew too, making dresses is just so much fun! I adore your fox print blouse. Great post!
    xo Kiki
    https://colormekiki.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm going to start trying to make dresses this summer when school gets out. so fun!
      xoxo
      Hannah

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh that means so much! Thank you!
    xoxo
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete

You have feedback? We want to hear it!