Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Rosemary Toner

When I saw this post on Megan's new blog, I knew immediately, due to my current obsession with a beauty routine and skincare products, that I had to try it. I tagged along with my mom to the grocery store and personally made sure that fresh rosemary was on our list. When I got home, I whipped it up right away and it came out perfectly! It's amazing for your skin and only takes 30 minutes maximum.
Disclaimer: This is Megan's craft and recipe, I'm only showing you how I did it and passing the recipe onto you. Enjoy!



Pour the cup of water into the saucepan and sit it on the stove to boil.


While the water is being heated, chop the rosemary off of the stem. Hopefully the water will be boiling by the time you're done


Pour the rosemary into the boiling water and turn the heat down a bit. Let it boil for about 3 minutes.


After 3 minutes is up, remove the pan from the stove, cover it, and let it sit for 20 minutes


Once it has had time to steep, remove the cover and strain the mixture


Finally, funnel the mixture into your plastic bottle and enjoy!


Instructions for use:
wash face and then squirt some of the solution out onto a cotton pad. Air dry and moisturize.

This recipe made 2 bottles of the toner so both my mom are using it. It lasts for about 2 weeks and you must keep it refrigerated.
This was definitely a successful DIY that cost less than a dollar. From using it, my skin is soft and generally blemish free and made our house smell like rosemary as a bonus! I also had leftover rosemary when I had finished so I'm thinking about making it for some friends. Anyone thinking about trying this?
xoxo
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. I can just smell the rosemary, i think this is a word for when you think of something and sell it. I love love doing DIY things like that, and it just sounds refreshing. Maybe I will be picking up some rosemary too this weekend.
    With Love Madylin @ smilesnmiles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it...just smelling the rosemary makes it all worth it
      xo
      Hannah

      Delete

You have feedback? We want to hear it!