Sunday, January 5, 2014

So Far, So Good

As both Anastasia and I both posted about the New Year, I feel like i shouldn't post anything more about it, yet here i am: Typing to my handful of readers about my upcoming plans

Honestly, 2013 was great for me: a lot of learning took place and continues to take place but I'm settling into a niche and I think I like that.
As for the new year, I have some big plans (my full list of resolutions will be posted soon). Some involve heath (better diet, exercise, drink more water, the usual), some involve school (stop procrastinating!), and a lot involve improving my overall lifestyle. 

I also am looking to post more of my daily outfits. Every day isn't perfect in terms of my outfits (read yoga pants and uggs  #guiltypleasure), but i'm certainly improving the style quality of my day-to-day attire. I also don't approve of just laying it out on the floor anymore. a) it's way to much work for what it ends up looking like and b) clothes are meant to be worn. Keep an eye out for those posts too.

One of the things I continue to notice around the web is that the more successful bloggers have mastered the art of social media, namely instagram. They always know what to take pictures of and how to present it. I continue to experiment and struggle, but one of my goals is to try to get social media down to a science; find some method to the madness.

In addition to the media training I'll be giving myself, I'd also like to see the blog as more than just an outlet for creativity. My goal is to get a few sponsors and hopefully be able to treat blogging as my occupation as well as one of my favorite hobbies. If anyone has any interest in doing blog swaps, sponsoring, etc... please contact us at thetwirlteam@gmail.com . We really would like to start branching out with blogging and trying new things. 

I also love interior design. Definitely not as much as style, but I miss not having any DIY home improvement projects as an extra outlet for my creativity. This year, I'm hoping to redo the bathroom that my brother and I share as well as my desk/office area. I'm craving some design projects and have some fabulous ideas in mind already! If any of you have any suggestions, please feel free to share and look out for those posts at some point this year as well.

Lastly, I'm looking to give myself a set beauty routine. I honestly don't wear that much makeup: mascara is dressing up. My routine has 2 components: pressed powder and eos. I never actually feel that I need much more. I want need to develop a non-makeup oriented beauty routine. Better skincare/moisturizing or somehow taking better care of my hair, etc... If one's skin is radiant and healthy, makeup isn't necessary (in my opinion...I am only 15 after all). Any skin/hair care must haves you think i should try?

Although my full list of resolutions is much more extensive, these little points are definitely my main goals. What do you have planned for 2014?
xoxo
Hannah

4 comments:

  1. No suggestion about skin/hair care here, other thn you should drink a lot and use a good age appropriate moisturizing cream. No resolutions here, I don't do New Years resolution at all. If you master that social media stuff let me know, I am totally blond at that stuff, though. Any help is appreciated. I mean it.
    hugs sweetie and a very Happy New Year to you
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are 2 things i'm definitely working on now...very vital to health. Ha same i can't for the life of me figure it out! Media is just not one of the things i'm good at, but i'm striving to improve that. I'll make sure to update you asap ;)
      Thanks same to you!
      xoxo
      Hannah

      Delete
  2. The College Prep just did a post about her routine for skin care - I'm know you say you don't want a make-up oriented routine but I swear by BB cream (Dr Jarts is my favorite) because it's basically tinted moisturizer and doesn't add too much artificial color but still smoothes out and hides redness and other blemishes and also acts as a moisturizer. I have a whole army of skin care products but I'm bad about treating not preventing ( like using my blackhead scrub after I see them or using a heavier moisturizer after my cheeks are red and cracking.)
    Good luck on your projects - Pinterest is always great for inspiration. I just read another blog that was a 'blogging space' reveal - so now I feel my space needs a facelift too.
    Blogging is most certainly a job - especially extending your network. Just keeping up with the blogs I follow and trying to put myself out there is hard work. You're doing a great job though!
    ~ Madylin @ smilesnmiles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that! i'm seriously considering picking up some of that soy cleanser and BB cream has been on my "to-research" list for some time now...I guess I'll be looking up Dr. Jarts!
      Thanks for the advice!
      xoxo
      Hannah

      Delete

You have feedback? We want to hear it!