Monday, July 8, 2013

Sew Cool

 I've always had this fancy notion that i was going to be able to sew one day and be able to sew my own clothes. Recently, my mom pushed me to sew and i went for it with some fabric that was leftover from some redecoration i did. With the help of a youtube video, i made a skirt with an elastic waistband in about an hour. Ever since, i've been looking through our old fabric and even made a trip to a fabric store to grab some fabric on sale. I made a second skirt the next day and i would like to find a video or pattern or something so i can sew a sundress with that yellow fabric. Here's what I've got so far:



the first skirt i sewed 

What i would use for a sundress

what should i do with this?


the second skirt i sewed. It's longer and more stiff so it hangs differently

green seersucker



7 comments:

  1. Birdy, you are GOOD! I can't sew worth a lick. HAHAHAHA I love the skirts you made. that feather design would be great as shorts. Keep it up! Have a great week doll.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The instructions were easily comprehensible thankfully! I think you're right about the feather fabric though...
      you too
      xoxo
      Birdy

      Delete
  2. good for you! i am so uncoordinated and literally almost failed sewing in high school, so i'm jealous!

    ps-check out my James Jeans giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! It was definitely a new experience for me!
      I will be sure to!
      xoxo
      Birdy

      Delete
  3. Wow I love that you sewed these skirts, they came out great! Cute fabrics too, great job!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there ;)
    Check out my blog if you want,and if you follow it please leave me your link as well so i can follow yours back ;)
    http://laceandcashmere.wordpress.com

    Twitter: https://twitter.com/laceandcashmere
    Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/laceandcashmere?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dear friend Nice Pix Share Online.My pray with you Dear Friend......Got more Success Blessings in the name of GLORY.
    Join our Platform Part our Work.
    Behandling av kviser
    Restylane Sandnes
    Brystløft Stavanger
    Massasje Stavanger
    Elixir Cosmeceuticals

    STAY BLESSINGS!
    THANKS
    JOHNS

    ReplyDelete

You have feedback? We want to hear it!