Monday, July 8, 2013

Sew Cool

 I've always had this fancy notion that i was going to be able to sew one day and be able to sew my own clothes. Recently, my mom pushed me to sew and i went for it with some fabric that was leftover from some redecoration i did. With the help of a youtube video, i made a skirt with an elastic waistband in about an hour. Ever since, i've been looking through our old fabric and even made a trip to a fabric store to grab some fabric on sale. I made a second skirt the next day and i would like to find a video or pattern or something so i can sew a sundress with that yellow fabric. Here's what I've got so far:



the first skirt i sewed 

What i would use for a sundress

what should i do with this?


the second skirt i sewed. It's longer and more stiff so it hangs differently

green seersucker



6 comments:

  1. Birdy, you are GOOD! I can't sew worth a lick. HAHAHAHA I love the skirts you made. that feather design would be great as shorts. Keep it up! Have a great week doll.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The instructions were easily comprehensible thankfully! I think you're right about the feather fabric though...
      you too
      xoxo
      Birdy

      Delete
  2. good for you! i am so uncoordinated and literally almost failed sewing in high school, so i'm jealous!

    ps-check out my James Jeans giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! It was definitely a new experience for me!
      I will be sure to!
      xoxo
      Birdy

      Delete
  3. Wow I love that you sewed these skirts, they came out great! Cute fabrics too, great job!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there ;)
    Check out my blog if you want,and if you follow it please leave me your link as well so i can follow yours back ;)
    http://laceandcashmere.wordpress.com

    Twitter: https://twitter.com/laceandcashmere
    Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/laceandcashmere?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete

You have feedback? We want to hear it!