Here's the recipe to try on your own!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup of white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and maple syrup. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients until just mixed. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies will be crackly on top and look wet in the middle. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
And what we sometimes do is use the leftovers to make a MEGA COOKIE!
So just like i said, take the leftovers and make it a tad flat because if you don't, it'll never cook all the way through...salmonella anyone? No thanks.
Here is the size of the one we made compared to a normal sized one:
So have fun baking! Bon Appetit!
P.S, recipe found here